Empowered Marketing, LLC began as Frank's Designs in 1994 as a side business. Today Empowered Marketing, while small, provides the same services available at larger agencies at competitive prices and delivers quality. Led by Frank and Anna, a husband and wife team, we work hard to help you meet your goals.
Empowered Marketing® Team Members
Frank Gomez, Creative Director, Sarasota WordPress Expert & Graphic Designer
Frank Gomez is the Owner and the Creative Director of Empowered Marketing, LLC: Providing Website Development, Web Design and Graphic Design since 1997. Originally named Frank's Designs in Seattle, the phrase Empowered Marketing was added in 2008 when he moved to Sarasota to describe what we do. In Sarasota Frank developed his skills in InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as using WordPress for website design.
As a WordPress user Frank concentrated intially on building unique, fast loading and mobile friendly websites which are much better for SEO and performance on mobile devices.
In 2019 he made a commitment to develop accessible websites and has performed accessibility remediations on many websites.
Anna Gomez, Ed.D., Organization Change and Marketing Consultant
Anna has a strong organization background with years of both consulting experience and education. She brings strategic sensibilities to clients in their efforts to accurately direct their marketing as well as to place marketing campaigns into broader goals of their organization. This orients client activities toward success.
Emily Leinfuss, Writer
Currently I write, edit, and/or oversee the creation of feature articles, profiles of people and places, advertorials, blogs, websites, business collateral and entire publications – on digital, print and hybrid platforms.
The subjects I cover include the arts, health and wellness, aging and boomers, food and dining, financial and estate management, philanthropy and more.
Here are highlights from my 30+ years as a career writer and editor.
- I worked at the Herald-Tribune newspaper in Sarasota, FL from 2004-2011 when it was still owned by the New York Times Company. I managed and wrote the content for custom advertorial publications, advertorial special sections and Newspapers in Education (NIE) publications.
- I served as executive editor for Florida Family Magazine, a group of parenting publications based in Sarasota, FL, from 2002-2004.
- I was a freelance writer and editor throughout the first dot.com boom from 1990-2002. I specialized in technology and business trends and wrote articles, analysis, white papers and more. I also developed advertorial sections that appeared in Businessweek, Computerworld and Money Magazine.
- I was an editor for two sections of a weekly newspaper covering computers and communications during the formative years of the original personal computer revolution (1983-1989). I was responsible for investigating, writing, planning and assigning breaking news and feature articles.
- My first job was as an assistant at Firehouse Magazine, a trade publication owned by New-York Times best-selling author and former firefighter Dennis Smith.
Empowered Marketing® Values
Our brand represents quality, a fine gem with the light of inspiration reflected from within. Our staff is comprised of people who are ethical and truly care about delivering great products and services for your business or non-profit. Our quality is reflected in our work because we follow best practices and stay informed via continuous education and participation in industry workshops and forums.
Our commitment to our clients is to deliver every project on time or early. We are able to do this by carefully prioritizing our work and staying focused.
We shine where others fail. We keep you informed about progress and ask questions so that we have clarity before embarking on a project. Our staff checks email regularly and responds to your concerns. We answer the phone in person whenever possible.
We are committed to using renewable energy, and conserving resources.
- Powered by the Sun: Empowered Marketing gets more than two-thirds of its energy from solar panels on our metal roof.
- Web Design: By designing sustainable websites, using green web hosting and using advanced techniques minimize the carbon footprint of every website. Also when we take on a website designed by another party we take the time to optimize the website, reduce image sizes etc. to make the website faster and more efficient.
- Web Hosting: Our hosting is centrally based in a state of the art data center which means energy efficiency
- Graphic Design: We use vector graphics whenever possible. This also translates to web design because we use small file formats such as SVG and WEBP on our websites.
- Printing: When we print things for our clients we use: paper from a sustainably managed forest, cleaning the air, controlling erosion, and providing US jobs. The inks used for printing are environmentally friendly with no VOCs.
- Energy Use: We use energy efficient lighting and energy efficient computers.
- Paper Reduction: We avoid printing whenever possible. We store data electronically whenever possible.
- Recycling: we recycle everything we possibly can including paper, bottles & cans, plastic.
We stand by our work. If we make a mistake, it will be corrected at no charge. We support our clients by being available. Just ask for help and we are there.
For more about our values learn about the Empowered Marketing Ideology.